themousecried

WARNING-WARNING-WARNING-WARNING-WARNING-WARNING-WARNING The mouse cried because of the snake,and the snake came to see the mouse,horror,chills,thrills,not for the faint of heart or those with headaches,upset stomach,uncut fingernails,room unclean, etc..., THEY'RE BACK AND THEY ARE REALLY MEAN VILE CREATURES OF TERROR.

Tuesday, October 7, 2008

CHANGE YOU CAN BELIEVE IN

A REVIEW FROM THE MOUSE CRIED - CHANGE
December, and the cold was set in and the trees were made bare and the squirrels scattered about to hunt the acorns they had buried for themselves in the heat of summer. I gazed from my window and there was Change a rather meek fellow whom I had renamed Chauncy, as Change was not what I was looking for at this point in my life. As a young man I was stubborn and quite austere in my ways, self secure, and not in want or need of life's pleasantries as I was an inheritor of the Reynald's fortune and had done quite well in preserving and making money. Now I am old and quite afraid of the change that is soon to come to one as aged as myself. I had financed wars, and helped to feed the poor as I needed them in my workforce, they got to work and I obtained a growth beyond measure. Chauncy was alway happy and seemed rather contented with those things I had afforded him, a small two room cottage with bath and stove and refrigerator, and never did he ask me for more or look upon that which I possessed in an envious passion. His father had worked for me a few years before Chauncy and after his death, I brought along Chauncy to work and care for my garden. Weaned from his father's loins and taught the care of roses and all manner of flowers,shrubbery,trees and the like, Chauncy possessed a certain charm and demeanor that allowed him to enjoy his occupation. In those days, I enjoyed a practical joke or jest at my friend's expense, as do all people, and they were among the extremely wealthy such as I. We felted about with Presidents and Kings/Queens of whom all enjoyed name dropping of the Reynald fortune, I was aware of their wares but what was that to me? I looked again from my window and thought I am going to introduce Chauncy as my only relative as I have no inheritor as both my wife,son,and daughter had been taken in the auto accident, but Chauncy would be a most welcome jest of my friends and later a shared moment of memory laugh when they recall what I had done. A great little tag to the "old man" as he fooled us everyone. I called to Chauncy and in his slow non-rush malingering manner he joined me at the small brunch my servants had fixed for the two of us. "Chauncy, what is it you like to do? Where do you like to go and tell me my friend in your youth of 47 what then is your goal after that I am gone?" "Master Reynald, of course I will do as you say and go where you wish me to go, doesn't the garden look well, the flowers this year were so pretty in those bright red, yellow, and orange ones you chose, you have a knack for that I might say." "Chauncy please call me Bob, and the garden did look great and you have accomplished much more than most men could do, but I wonder, Chauncy, after I have gone, for you see I am growing older and my time is soon to be leaving, what will you do Chauncy?" "Sir,I mean, Bob, I will continue to keep the garden, because spring is coming soon and someone must take out the weeds and dig the bed of blooms" "Chauncy what I am trying to say, is that I am soon to die" "Yes, Bob winter is here and all things take rest and seem as though they are not, but Bob spring will come and so will the birds and the garden will bloom again." Chauncy had a unique way about him that, like a magnet, you naturally drew to him, a rather overwhelming simplistic nature. Dinner was served at 6:30 pm sharp and all my friends and dignitaries as they liked to be observed and addressed were gathered in the foyer as we began to talk. Chauncy was dressed in a sharp but somewhat subdued three piece navy pinstriped suit and he looked quite the fancy ladd. My friends began to question him to learn as to why I had brought him to such an event, Chauncy talked to them for hours about the garden and his care of the tender flowers. They soon began to think of Chauncy as a rare-type of philosopher and clung to his every word. When asked about the economy he spoke to them of the winter and how that the spring would bring much growth, more than would be expected. They hailed him as brilliant and approached me as to Chauncy being a candidate for the Presidency of the United States, at first it seemed so absurd, but Chauncy was different, he was so trusting and caring perhaps this was what the world was waiting for, and I approached Sam Littleknoun, my attorney and we drew up the papers necessary to make Chauncy the sole-inheritor of all my financial empire, we signed making it a legal document and then it occurred, my heart gave way, and I lay unable to speak - but in the distance, in a corner lavish table sat the Russian Premier and ruler Medvedev and how odd, he had a quaint smile on his face. http://themousecried.blogspot.com A Page One Production © All Rights Reserved You have the right to copy and all of the Mouse with our gratitude and permission.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home